January 08, 2006

Fun With Photoshop CS3


I've been playing around with Photoshop more lately, trying to expand my skills. I don't often have the patience to read through a manual to learn all the functions of a program, so I picked up a copy of "Teach Yourself Photoshop in 24 Hours". Wow! I can learn in 24 hours! uummm.... Doubtful, but I have the book now for reference.

One of the first things I heard/learned about in Photoshop were brushes. Now, I have an obsession with brushes (and with fonts...) and spent hours downloading some cool, free brushes from various websites... 341 to be exact. Yes, I did delete a few after trying them out. And then I learned there were things called textures. au oh... I could be in trouble here.



Creating collages, art squared, and ATC's (artist trading cards) in Photoshop is so much fun! I've posted a few samples of what you can do with a few graphics, brushes, and a little creativity.

Even though I've never taken a class to learn to use Photoshop, I was up and running in a short time. If you have some basic knowledge using photo editors for things like removing "red eye", adjusting size, etc., you should be able to adapt to an editing program with a fair amount of ease. It really isn't as difficult as it appears, and there are many good online tutorials to help you along.